If there’s one thing everyone knows to be true about fashion and beauty, it’s that trends are always changing. It’s also a known fact that trends can be predicted. Fashion industry events allow fashion designers and brands to display their latest collections. These events influence trends for current and upcoming seasons. The largest and most prominent of these events are held in the fashion capitals of the world, one being New York.
Because of fashion week events, anyone can get ahead of the curve and try out new trends. Since beauty trends for spring 2020 were already showcased in shows this past fall, we can educate ourselves on new trends and even try them out for ourselves.
What to Look For: Upcoming Beauty Trends in 2020
Whether it be skincare, hair, or makeup trends, new trends are always emerging in the beauty world. Different beauty brands, product types, and hairstyles allow us to express ourselves in unique and creative ways while staying on-trend with the most popular styles.
Let’s take a closer look at some of the skin care and hair care trends we’ll see a lot of in 2020.
New Skin Care Trends in 2020
Trying out new skin care and beauty products isn’t just a means for being trendy. Today’s skin care trends place a huge focus on youthfulness and self-care. Just like all the other parts of your body, the health of your skin should not be ignored. You’ll want to pay attention to new skin care trends, they could make a huge impact on your skin and give you a more youthful appearance.
Here are some of the skin care trends for 2020:
- Clean Beauty. Clean beauty products contain non-toxic ingredients and transparent labels. We can expect to see a lot of growth in the clean beauty market in 2020.
- Custom Skin Care. This can go hand-in-hand with clean beauty, but custom skin care is the idea that everyone’s skin care regimen should be custom to them. No two people have the same skin, and more and more beauty companies are starting to realize this.
- Ease of Access. Amazon is stepping up its game by starting to offer high-quality skin care products. Beyond Amazon, many companies are developing plans that focus on automatic renewals; this way, you aren’t scrambling to visit a specialty store when you’re running low.
- CBD Skin Care. In 2020, we can expect to see CBD being used in more products in both the beauty and cosmetic industry. In skincare products, CBD is used for its healing properties because of its anti-inflammatory properties.
Makeup Trends in 2020
In addition to skin care products, there will also be new makeup trends in 2020. Here are a few to keep an eye out for:
- Clean Makeup. The same way skin care companies are beginning to use non-toxic ingredients, so are makeup companies. Clean beauty is the new thing, and we’ll begin to see a lot more of it in 2020.
- Inclusion and Diversity. Long gone are the days of slim pickings for shades of foundation. In today’s ever-evolving makeup world, you can expect inclusion in beauty products with a full range of 50+ shades. This ensures you can find your perfect shade and even find a color that matches your undertones.
- Highly Pigmented Makeup. If you’ve been keeping up with the beauty YouTubers at all, you’ll notice a trend: bright, bold, pigmented makeup. These products empower the makeup artist to create colorful, dramatic looks, something we’ll see a lot more of over the next several years.
Hair Care Trends in 2020
The last 2020 trends in the beauty industry we’ll cover are hair trends. On-trend hairstyles change fast and can vary from season to season.
Here are some of the styles you’ll see everywhere this spring:
- Hair Crystals. Soft beach waves have been trendy for a while now. But this coming spring we’ll start seeing an unexpected trend: crystal hairpieces to add a soft, romantic touch to your style.
- Twisted Half-Up Buns. This trendy new hairstyle involves wearing your hair half-up and half-down and fashioning a messy, twisted bun on the top while adding volume to the hair that is left down.
- Jagged Edge Bob. The jagged edge bob is an amazing, timeless haircut that keeps coming and going. Unlike a sharp bob, it has some soft layers on the ends, so it doesn’t look like such a blunt bob.
- Headbands. All types of hair accessories are starting to becoming trendy, but headbands are a huge one that deserve their own shoutout. From twisted headbands to headbands with unique patterns and pearls, this is a trend you’ve got to try this spring!
- Natural Products. From shampoos to conditioners to hair oils and beyond, clean beauty is the future. A survey found that 59% of beauty buyers agreed they would be more interested in trying new products from other brands if they are clean. The global hair care market is catching on to this trend and adapting to develop new beauty products that are clean and sustainable.
A Salon, Spa, and School That Knows Beauty and Hair Care Industry Trends
To stay up-to-date with the latest beauty trends, you need the help of a salon and spa that offers high-quality, on-trend services. Franklin Academy takes beauty education and salon/spa services seriously by keeping up with the latest beauty trends. Whether you want to become a licensed cosmetologist or aesthetician or just get a service done in our professional salon, we’re your trusted beauty experts in Chattanooga, Tennessee.