Summer presents the perfect opportunity to switch up your makeup routine and try something new – skin is darker, hair is lighter, we stay out later, and a new set of social events dominate our calendars. Whether you’re heading to a festival or a cookout, a beach bonfire or a rooftop party, spice up your look with these accessible trends. If you’re ready to take your makeup skills to the next level, explore the options available at Franklin Academy.
Keep It Fresh
- Glossy eyelids – For a sexy, youthful look, dab a little bit of Vaseline on your eyelids. This was a look popularized by Marilyn Monroe and it compliments tanned summer skin perfectly!
- Blush instead of contour – Forgo the heavy contouring (and avoid sweating through layers of makeup) by adding a fresh flush to your cheeks with liquid blush. If you must contour, stick to liquid foundation products and light highlighting for a look that reflects the carefree fun of summer.
- Thicker brows – Let your brows grow in a bit this summer for a childlike look. Thicker brows add definition to your face during a season when you might not be wearing as much makeup as usual. Just be sure to keep them groomed and relatively neat.
Color It Beautiful
- Bottom liner – Add a pop of playful color to your eye makeup look by utilizing a bright liner under the eyes only. This daring style will brighten up your eye area and draw attention to your beautiful peepers. Try neon blue, green, or even a sparkly liner.
- Watermelon lips – A fresh take on the classic red lip, bold pinky-red lips are perfect for glamorous summer events. Choose a shade between true red and hot pink and top it with a luscious gloss for a smile no one will be able to resist!
- Blue eye makeup – Bright blue eye makeup is in in a big way this summer. Choose shades reminiscent of the ocean and sky and apply with as little or as much abandon as you like.
If you’re interested in turning your passion for makeup into a career, check out Franklin Academy, a premier cosmetology school in Cleveland, TN. Many of our students also live in the surrounding cities of Chattanooga, Athens, and Etowah, TN. We offer an unparalleled selection of programs, including Aesthetics, Cosmetology, Instructor Training, and Manicuring. We would love to speak to you today about your exciting future.