Our full cosmetology diploma program will give you the training you need to succeed in the beauty industry.
Cosmetology Schools in Cleveland TN
Looking for a career that allows you to embrace your creative side, make connections, and earn a good wage? As one of the premier cosmetology schools in Cleveland TN, Franklin Academy will give you the cosmetology tools you need to succeed in a career as a hairstylist. Our students have gone on to work in upscale salons or start their own businesses with the help of our hands-on training and student-run spa experience. Franklin Academy offers a 60-week program that will train you in the techniques you’ll need to pass the state exam and become a licensed hairstylist.
Training and Preparation
Your first 300 hours of training will take place in our hands-on classroom. Unlike other schools, our class isn’t a lecture hall or filled with books; instead you’ll get valuable hands-on experience at workstations. You’ll use your workstation to practice on mannequins, learn the fundamentals of running a salon, and work one-on-one with our experienced instructors that have been in the industry for years and come from all over the country to teach our students. The world of hairstyling is always evolving – having access to our experienced instructors provides valuable insight to:
- And More!
By fulfilling your training, we will help you prepare for the state practical and written exams by giving you a practice exam in a setting you are familiar with – our student-run salon and spa.
Cleveland TN Cosmetology School
After your classroom training, you’ll graduate into our onsite salon. The state requires a 1:20 teacher to student ratio, but we are proud to go above and beyond with a 1:10 teacher to student ratio! Someone will always be available to answer any questions you have as you learn how to work in a real salon and perform your skills on customers. We’ll help you learn how to work with clients, book appointments, ensure returning clients, selling retail products, and develop the professionalism that will make you invaluable to any employer.
Cosmetology Diploma Program C100:C200 (1500 contact hours) 60 weeks
This course is designed to provide a program of education; that results in a student who has the necessary skills to become a Licensed Cosmetologist in the State of Tennessee, and subsequently to enter the job market, at an entry-level position. The length of this program is approx. 60 weeks.
Objectives of the program include:
- To develop the knowledge, and understanding of the theory of Cosmetology, as well as the skill and appreciation of the practice of Cosmetology.
- To develop good habits in the safe and sanitary performance of duties, and to recognize the importance of these habits in the interest of self, as well as others.
- To learn the necessary care of, and proper utilization of, supplies and equipment in relation to the application of cosmetic treatments.
- To prepare the student for the State Board Examination and obtain a license to practice Cosmetology.
- First 300 Hours:
- State exam content=practical and written exams
- Use of mannequins using cut, color and style techniques
- Fundamentals of working in a salon
- Next 1200 Hours:
- Working in the salon after an hour of classroom activities at the beginning of the day
- Focusing on furthering skills and content (how to sell retail and book clients)
- Working on skill sets and techniques
- Learn from stylists from around the country
- Learning Different Metrics:
- Manicure/Pedicure training
- All facets of hair color, cut, shampoo/blowout
- Linking to multiple color lines and how to use color for different brands