Halloween is a very special holiday and those who celebrate it get to enjoy the dressing up as much as the event itself. Choosing the right costume for your character, whether it’s a vampire, a zombie, or a fairy princess, adds realism and helps you fit right into the celebrations.
But if you take Halloween a bit more seriously, then you would want the proper makeup to match. Applying makeup in detail to create a remarkable and realistic picture takes some talent. Sometimes, when the makeup is applied so skillfully, you won’t need an over-the-top costume to bolster your appearance.
Makeup to Enhance Your Halloween Look
You don’t have to be a master in special affects makeup to terrify or dazzle your family and friends for Halloween. Add inspiration to your makeup by using these cosmetic ideas to highlight your features for a more dramatic and detailed look.
- Deeper, daring eye shadow colors to intensify your image like that of a sad clown.
- Darker lipstick shades help with a striking appearance as a vampire personality.
- Line your lips with black pencil, or for a more cartoonish look, draw a white pencil line on your bottom lip.
- Bold, black, liquid eyeliner can create a distinctive look, especially for the cat/leopard costume.
- Use false eyelashes to help make your eyes pop.
- Apply different shades of foundation to enhance a particular look, highlighting certain areas of your face.
Celebrate Halloween with a Bang
The ghoulish zombie has certainly been a popular go-to costume recently, so here are a few simple guidelines to help create the perfect undead look:
- Remove all makeup and cleanse your face thoroughly.
- Use a sponge to apply either white face paint or theater makeup.
- Dark circles can be created around the eyes by using black eye shadow.
- Zombies look decayed and bruised, so the next step is to create a sunken cheek which can be done by blending paint and powder to highlight your cheeks.
- Create dried looking lips by using black lipstick and black lip liner.
- Use a sponge to create the appearance of scratches over the face
- Fine lines can be drawn using a paint brush, which creates a popping vein affect
- Finally, apply fake blood to your hair and face. Spatter it across your face using a toothbrush.
For more in-depth makeup instruction, you can count on the expert makeup artists here at Franklin Academy. Franklin Academy is a highly regarded Cosmetology School in Cleveland, TN. This institution offers a wide range of skills in hair, nail and skin technology. Franklin Academy is well-known for offering professional assistance in cosmetology. Check out our cosmetology school and salon near Chattanooga, Athens, and Etowah, TN today!