We show the most skin during the warm summer months, so this is the ideal season to focus on improving the health and appearance of yours! At Franklin Academy, a premier cosmetology school in Cleveland, TN, our experienced teaching staff leads students through the training they need to become beauty industry leaders. This includes a strong focus on developing and maintaining healthy, glowing skin. Here are our five favorite tips to help you experience your best complexion ever this summer:
- Now more than ever, use good sunscreen habits! We all know that we should be wearing sunscreen every day, but during the summer this guideline is doubly important. Select face and body moisturizers that are 30+ SPF and apply them daily after showering. Reapply a sunscreen product before spending more than 30 minutes outdoors. You’ll thank yourself later!
- Wash sweat off your face as soon as possible. You’re bound to sweat more when exercising outdoors during the summer. After a run or game of volleyball, try to cleanse and moisturize your face as soon as possible. Letting sweat sit and dry on your face can promote breakouts and worsen clogged pores.
- Take advantage of natural exfoliation at the beach. When you spend a day at the beach, the sand acts as a natural exfoliant. Take advantage of this effect by showering and applying a thick body cream after your beach time is over. Your skin will be soft, smooth, and glowing!
- Stay hydrated. Drinking enough water is a key element in maintaining healthy skin. During the summer, when the outdoor temperatures are up and you’re out and about more than usual, it’s easier than ever to get dehydrated without noticing it. Carry a reusable water bottle with you everywhere you go and you’ll be well on your way to beautiful skin.
- Get enough sleep. The days are longer during the summer time and the warm evenings are filled with exciting social events. This can spell disaster for your sleep habits if you’re not careful. Proper sleep gives your skin time to repair itself from the inside out. Try to get eight hours of sleep a night in order to keep your skin – and all the rest of you – as healthy as possible.
If you’re interested in beauty and health and would like to pursue a career in these exciting fields, consider Franklin Academy. Our Cosmetology School offers a number of programs to get you started in the growing beauty industry. We offer We’re located in Cleveland, TN, but many of our students are from the surrounding cities of Chattanooga, Athens, and Etowah. Contact us today and get started on making your dreams come true!